Saturday 8 May 2010

Evaluation Answers.

How did you attract your audience?

As i was aiming for my piece of news to be broadcasted at a prime time, I have including different types of news such as local, national, sport and weather. By listening to other local radio stations i have noticed that the main thing they have in common is providing a variety of news. This helps to attract a bigger and wider audience. The weather and local news is more likely to attract the older genereations and the sport and national news is likely to attract the younger generations.


How does your media group represent particular social group?

16 is probably the most common age for people to start taking interest in the news. Also for those who are travelling to places in their cars and vehicles with radios during driving. This is because I have a weather update which is a big interest to those who are travelling and planning a day out.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
Listening back on the radio production i have created on my own, it seems to me that a local media instituion such as Heart FM would distribute our product. This is because the news being broadcasted is local so therefore would not be as much of an interest to stations which broadcast all over the UK.


What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?

To successfully construct my piece of local news i first of all neede a programme that i could record on to and then able to edit it. The programme i used is called Audacity which is free from the internet. It allows you to record your own voice and edit it to make a good quality. You can alos add music, jingles, sounds ect. During the course of 6 months i have learnt how to work Audacity, how to record myself and others. I have learnt how to use a microphone in a good manner without creating a disorted effect. I have also been tought how to use our own live radio stations at school. Adding on to the number of things i have learnt, i can also add a jingle and sound effects in to my news piece. For example i added a jingle on to my radio show.


Looking back at your Preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progession from it to the full product?

My preliminary was just a practice and to help me grasp how to make a intresting piece that would attract my target audience. Looking back, i have learnt a lot. I have learnt how to edit voices and how to copy them onto Audacity. In the Preliminary i did not have a weather forecast neither a voxpop. I have also learnt what a voxpop is as i didnt really understand at the beginning.
The best thing i have which was most beneficial to me was that i was able to work on my own and able to work the equipment without any help. Also organising everything on my own. I have found this task very enjoyable and entertaining and have realised working on your own can be just as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment